Monday, January 04, 2010

6 week countdown!

I can't believe I am 6 weeks from Ranston's due date!!!
I knew time would fly...but it is still a shock to me!
*
The journey of my first pregnancy has been a fun one. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a part of the amazing miracle of God's creation and it hasn't let me down. To be the only one who feels Ranston's every movement right now is a surreal feeling. Part of me wishes he could stay tucked away and out of harm's way...but on the other hand, I can't wait to meet him!! and see his little face and toes and fingers and ears...
*
I've thought about my New Year's Goals (I don't like the word resolution) and although I have several, many that I renew each year, this year will be the first time for this one. My main goal this year is to begin my role as "mother" in a Godly manner. I think often about what kind of mom I'll be. I have many moms to use as a guide...but I do want to strive to be the mom God wants me to be, not the kind of mom others are...
*
But it is interesting to me all the moms that are in my life. Of course my own mom plays a HUGE part in my life. Without her, I would not be the woman I am today. She has ALWAYS been my biggest cheerleader. She encourages me, cheers for me, lets me talk things to death when I can't make a decision!! :) I am so excited to take some of the qualities she has shown me over the years and use them as I begin my journey of motherhood.
*
Then, there are my grandmothers and the parts they have played in my life. I am very thankful to have them as my grandmothers...and that they are still a part of my life.
*
I am very grateful for all the other mothers in my life...other family members, friends, mothers of friends, you all have shown me different ways to love a child. For that, I am eternally grateful! May this year be full of God's direction and guidance...

No comments: