Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday--we're home!!

I am glad to say that I'm typing this from HOME!!  The dr. came in yesterday morning and said Mike was doing great and there wasn't anything keeping him in the hospital so we started the discharge process and got out of there after lunch.  We considered stopping along the way and spending the night but Mike was feeling pretty good so we came all the way home.  There was one stretch of highway that was pretty bumpy and rough on Mike but other than that, it was a good drive home. 

Mike will have to go back in 2 weeks for a follow up appointment to have staples removed and have a tube removed from his stomach.  The tube is not hooked up to anything but the dr. said it would be best to leave it in until his follow up...it will heal better.  

Well, I'm still a bit tired so I'm going to rest.  I'm staying home with Mike today and tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad he's doing well! Get some rest girl...