Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So far, today has been a very peaceful day. Not many of us are working today and the weather is dreary. It has been nice to have cold weather here...it has helped put me in the mood for the holiday! Although I'm glad we won't be here for the 77 degree weather that is coming for Christmas day!! I don't know what the weather will be like at Mike's grandparents...I need to look that up...but I'm sure it will be cooler than 77 degrees!!

I'm hoping to take some time at Keith and Jackie's to relax and journal. I really want to start journaling again but have to get the habit started. I know once I start, I probably won't be able to stop. The Bryant's house is such a good place to start. The only distraction is the TV and as long as we don't get hooked on a marathon or movies, I should have some time to get away. Last year at Thanksgiving I had the same plan but it was WAY too cold to sit on the porch and everyone was stirring around inside so I didn't get much alone time in. Maybe it will be warmer this year.

We are getting prepared for Mike's surgery. Well, for the return from Mike's surgery. I'll finish up tonight on getting the house in order so we don't come home to chaos! Everyone here has been so good to offer help in advance and I'm going to try and ask for help when I need it once we get back! I'm planning on taking a few days off when we get back to help Mike adjust to being home. His dad may come stay with us some too. I'm glad we've had this week to prepare for the surgery and recovery...at least as best we know how!

I don't think I'll get to post again before Christmas so here's you "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" Talk to you on the other side!!

No comments: