Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WOW!! Things have been busy around here!!
Ranston is now 3 months old!! I'll have his 3 month picture up when I can access my iphoto program. We've been having problems with it for a little over a week now and hope to call about it soon. A few things we've been up to:

Mike graduated!! On May 8, we got to watch Mike walk across the stage at the Howard Payne University graduation. On May 13, the South Texas School of Chrisitian Studies (where the extension of HPU is held) held another graduation ceremony for its students. I'm so proud of him!!

We traveled to Andrews a few days before the HPU graduation to say goodbye to a friend...my friend Bobby was killed in a car accident and I'm so thankful I was able to attend his family visitation at the funeral home and his service. Bobby was such a great guy...loving, caring, always happy...he will be greatly missed!!

Ranston was dedicated on Mother's Day! For those not familiar with Baby Dedication, in the Baptist church, we formally dedicate our children to the Lord as babies. This is simply a public promise to be Godly examples to our children as they grow up and to encourage them in the Lord throughout their lives. I'm very thankful that many of our family members were able to attend the service. They will play a part in Ranston's faith as well so it was important to me that they be there.

Everything in between....
We're gearing up for summer which means VBS, mission trip, camp, etc.
It is going to be a busy but summer is always an exciting time in youth ministry. I'm hoping to reconnect with a few girls during the time they are out of school. I am REALLY excited about not working this summer and being able to participate in all the youth activities.

Not that I haven't enjoyed it thus far, but the last week or so has really made me glad that I'm able to stay home. The time I get to spend with Ranston and Mike is priceless. God has blessed our time together and it is amazing!!

I hope everyone is having a great May!! Summer is on its way!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME blog!! I'm glad you got to attend Bobby's service. I didn't get to - I think my brother went. He was such a sweet guy. Can't wait to meet Ranston in September! Woohoo!! Love you guys!

Vicki said...

It was great to see you and Ranston (and Mike!) at church today. Enjoyed catching up on your blog. I am so proud of Mike, too! I was sorry to hear about your friend, Bobby. I know that must have been very hard. I'm glad you are enjoying your stay-at-home status, Cymbre. It is a wonderful privilege, although quite demanding at times. I will keep you all in my prayers.