Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving is almost here!!
It doesn't feel like it should be Thanksgiving but none-the-less, I'm excited! We had our church-wide Thanksgiving meal on Monday and it was a fun practice for tomorrow. :) Everyone at our table kept commenting on that!
We'll be heading to Mike's grandparents this afternoon when I get off work. We just saw them less than 2 weeks ago for our shower but we don't get to see them often so it will be a nice treat. And we always enjoy getting to catch up with Mike's aunt Susan. It's been a while since we saw her last. On Friday, we'll meet my dad and sister in San Antonio for lunch and then they'll follow us home for a few days!!! I'm really excited about that! I feel very blessed that they are taking time to come visit. I haven't seen my daddy in a while and won't again until March when he comes to meet Ranston.
This holiday season is much different than last year...in so many positive ways!! Last year, we were still new to Beeville and our house. This year, we've lived here for over a year...and for those who know our track record with moving, we aren't looking to move! Last year, Mike was in the middle of his medical stuff...his surgery was right after Christmas! This year, he's healthy and feels great! Most of all, this year will be our last Thanksgiving as a family of 2. I can't imagine how next year will feel!! We'll have a 9 month old at Thanksgiving!! I am soooooooooo excited about Ranston but it is sad to think that our time as a two-some is coming to an end. We've been through so much together--just the two of us....but now, we'll get to go through so much with Ranston.

1 comment:

Kiwi in Flight said...

Awesome! You two have been such a blessing. I hope ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Ya'll are in our prayers big time!

Blessings!