Friday, May 29, 2009

Wish I had a green thumb

My mom has been wanting a picture of the bush in front of our porch for a while. I finally took one as I was leaving work one day. These flowers only bloom in the morning and are closed up by the time I get home. I wish they were open all day. They really add a lot to our porch area.

I've tried to be better about having plants around. I love having plants but tend to kill them. Mike has helped me remember to water but we have to revive them every so often. I have 3 indoor plants, one outdoor pot of flowers, and this bush. We have a lot of greenery and other plants around outside but they don't require much attention.
One of our youth brought over one of those 5-in-1 game sets with volleyball, bad mitten (no idea how to spell), etc. that he will not be using. We plan to set it up in the backyard and start doing things outside with the youth when they are over. We have a good size yard and need to take advantage of it.
If you want to see what we've been up to, visit the Grounded Student Ministries blog (link to your right). We've been busy with World Changers Mission Team Training and other activities. We played water balloon baseball last Wednesday in honor of the last week of school. It was a lot of fun...and yes, I got wet!! It wasn't too bad until we gave them a free for all at the end. I got an ice chest of water poured on me!! Good times...
We had to bypass a storm on our way to Corpus Saturday. We were traveling and saw the black clouds, things swirling ahead, and just nastiness...so, we turned around and went another direction. I caught a a few pictures of the clouds. I am fascinated by the grandness of God through storms.

1 comment:

The Sages said...

I have the same problems with plants. I have a hanging plant that we received as a house warming gift that has been revived like 5 times already!