Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Well...I don't have bad news but I don't have good news either!

The lining of the cyst was too thick for the stint to be inserted so they are having to look at Plan B. Mike was admitted to the hospital this afternoon and they will do a CAT Scan either tonight or tomorrow. At that point, our doctor, a surgeon, and a radiologist will examine the CAT Scan and determine if inserting a cathedar (spelling??) would be the best route or surgery. Hopefully they will insert a cathedar to drain the cyst. This will take 3-4 days for the cyst to drain during which Mike will be in the hospital. If they decide that draining it surgically is the best way, he will be in the hospital for at least 1 week. The route will be determined in the morning.

Looks like Dallas gets to see us a little longer!!

2 comments:

Feather Lynn said...

Wow....your visit to Dallas just keeps getting crazier. I will be praying for God to give the Dr.'s the wisdom to choose the best option for Mike's health. The most important thing is that he gets better and these cysts are taken care of. I miss you guys and if you need to talk, no matter what time of the day or night, you know my number!!!! Love you, Feather

The Huff's said...

WOW - I'm so sorry things aren't going like you had planned/thought. I know this is so draining on you both - physically and mentally. I miss you here at work - don't have anyone to talk to, but guess I need to get used to is since you guys will probably be moving any way. :):) Well, we will keep you guys in our prayers and pray that God will lead the docs and you guys as well as give you strength and encouragement through all this. Let me know if there's anything we can do from here. :):)