Sunday, September 25, 2005

We stand and lift up our hands For the joy of the Lord is our strength! We bow down and worship Him now How great, how awesome is He! And together we sing Holy is the Lord God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory! Holy is the Lord God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory! The earth is filled with His glory!

It's rising up all around. It's the anthem of the Lord's renown. It's rising up all around. It's the anthem of the Lord's renown.

And together we sing, everyone sing Holy is the Lord God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory! Holy is the Lord God Almighty! The earth is filled with His glory! The earth is filled with His glory!
(lyrics to "Holy is the Lord" by Chris Tomlin)

Mike and I heard this song on our way home from church and it just reminded me of how awesome my God is!!! The joy of the Lord is my strength...man, how powerful is that?!?! What does that really mean? Everyday I am faced with the realization that my life has taken a dramatic turn. But even when I ponder that, I don't become sad, angry, upset, or even resentful. Instead, I become overwhelmed with the control God has in my life. I'm not saying I have it all together, because believe me, I don't! But, I have a long life ahead of me full of following God where HE wants us to go...not where would be fun, not where my family wants me to be (sorry everyone!), and not where I have friends, but where GOD wants me to be. The thought can be a bit scary but the blessings we have recieved during the last few months are so overwhelming that they counteract the scariness of the situation!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Amen & again I say "AAAAMEN!" I feel you completely!!! I have been faced with my own mortality & reminded of how frail we are as humans. God's strength & power over our lives is so amazing, I have been reduced to tears more than once. I, too, am feeling God's mighty Hand on everything I am striving to be & attempting to do. I am so happy to hear someone put it in words I have been unable to form. I am overjoyed to hear of His love wrapped around you & Mike, as you transition into a new life. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ya'll! So?
Mike i'm not sure how you feel but i can't stand school! So how are the kids? Ha Ha funny?! just wanted to say hi and that I pray God continues to bless ya'll as he's done and work through you.
take care Shaun